I am a Backyard Farming and Urban Agriculture specialist who strives to help others create their ideal family farm.
Some of my history with Backyard Farming includes:
- Raised backyard poultry for over 13 years.
- Founder/CEO of a local Organic Pasture Raised Egg business with over 140 chickens that sold eggs to local high-end restaurants
- Led 4H poultry project for over 6 years.
- Presented at “Marin Backyard Farming Conference”.
- Attended various Poultry workshops including “Poultry Biosecurity” and a workshop led by Joel Salatan (Backyard Farming Guru).
- Worked at the Marin Farmers Market for 3 years running a booth that grew all organic fruits and vegetables.
- 2 years of College classes on Organic Farming and Permaculture
- Helped others build their ideal backyard farms with animals including: chickens, rabbits, goats, sheep, alpacas, pigeons, quail, ducks, turkeys, bees and more.
I work with anyone interested in Sustainable Farming Techniques and Permaculture Gardening and would like to start an Organic Backyard Farm or expand their current setup here in Marin or Sonoma County.